Saturday, August 3, 2013

Boot Scootin' Boogy

I have a knee scooter.  In case you are unfamiliar with that term...it's is made for people who cannot use one of their feet for what ever reason, i.e., broke it, sprained, had surgery on it or...

So, with a second surgery on my right ankle to correct and strengthen the fractured bone, I'm off that foot now for another 6 weeks or whatever it takes.  My daughter and I went to the medical store and rented this really cool device with handle bar and hand brake and a special pad to rest my knee.  The good foot then just moves me along...ala scooter.

It's a tricky thing at nearly 70 to ride.  Sometimes wobbly and sometimes it stalls out on a crack in the pavement.  I bit the dust yesterday, right out side my front door where my walk way meets the sidewalk.  Didn't quite make the turn and down I went.  Thank God, Chrissie was just a couple of steps ahead of me.  We were on our way to visit her sister.  I scared her.  I think I scare her a lot cause she sees how wobbly I am on both the crutches and the scooter.

Today I've been terribly tired and took a morning nap that lasted until early afternoon.  AND...here I am, tired again. This aging thing I'm living these days is just so unexpected. Guess if you are like me, until you begin to live the realities of it, it's just something that will happen down the line...but certainly not now.  And that's no matter what the age. I know there's lots of folks more progressive than I...it's just that, well, you know...