Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Helpless

Sometimes really serious things happen in life.  This is one of those times.

Before I went to Kigali, Rwanda, Africa I did a lot of research on the country.  I found very graffic pictures of the 100 day genocide in 1994.  I traveled to Rwanda as a mission short term trip.  I can't really explain the draw I experience to the people and the place, but can say it will forever be in my heart.

This week it has been revealed in the international news that 1 million children have been murdered by chemical bombs dropped on the civilian citizens of Syria near Damascus.  Mass murder by nerve gas.

When the genocide happened in Rwanda, the world leaders discussed it and debated it.  This included the US and the UN.  The entire world stood by while whole families were murdered by machete and clubs.  No one stepped up to help.

This is what the situation in Syria is.  I'm glad to know that there appears to be a movement of US Naval ships moving in close and there are steps being taken to help, though no help has actually begun.

What can one person do?  Pray and encourage others to pray.  That's what I've done and that's what I continue doing.  Helpless?  No, not when you know the Master of the Universe and call upon His name "Jesus".  Sad, breaks my  heart...how much more it must break His heart.

Pray!