Sunday, October 30, 2016

My Hobby is....

Making jewelry.  Yup, and I've opened a shop on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/GrammsCottage just in case you want to take a look.

It is the most fun and challenging and creative.  I've been learning how to not only string beads but how to connect a fastener.  How to secure the beads so the whole thing doesn't fall apart.  I've made and worn earrings, bracelets and a necklace.  I didn't think I could do it but it was worth trying.  Don't care if it's a big hit or not.  Mostly I've made too much to just keep for myself so that's why I decided maybe I could sell enough to pay for the hobby.

I've done lots of other things for hobbies and I highly recommend it.  Brings interest, challenge, education and lots of other things good for the mind, hands, eyes, etc.  My eyes aren't too good but I've managed to set up enough lighting to make it just fine.  I plan on purchasing a light that has a magnified glass in it too.  Hasn't stopped me from doing a fun thing a bit.

I don't have a bunch of money in case you were thinking about that.  I started out with a kit from Walmart. (I think I've blogged about this earlier).  Anyhow, with the kit I was able to make some wearable jewelry and from there I just buy a little bit at a time.  It doesn't have to be beading by the way.  What ever you think you might like to try is worth it even if it doesn't work out.

Gives me something to talk about with others and it's interesting...at least to me! hee hee hee   Today was a great Sunday.  Went to church, I'm always so glad when I do.  Came home and ate lunch and then took a really nice nap.  Been working on my Etsy shop loading pictures of some items I've made.  It takes a while. Now writing.

Also watching Star Trek...the original version.  It's been a nice restful day, hope you've had one of those too.

Blessings,   Judy........I would love to know what you'd be interested in.