Friday, December 9, 2016

Dinner Is Ready...

Hi,

Is it dinner time where you are?  My usual dinner hour is around 7pm, but sometimes 8.

At the beginning of the month I package meals in foil for the whole month.  Each evening I take one main meat/dish and two vegetables from the freezer, lay them on a cookie sheet.  The oven is preheated to 425 degrees.  When the oven is ready, I put the meal in the oven and set the timer for 45-55 min. depending on past successes.

The timer just went off for the spaghetti, and time to put the garlic bread in for about 8 min. or so.  While the garlic bread is in the oven, I'll just keep writing.

The process has been working really well for about 3 months and I'm about to change it.  The electric bill has been more than I'd like so I've decided to use the microwave instead of the oven.  I haven't fixed the meals yet.  I'm still eating last months meals which is a good thing.

I bought some freezer paper and tape to use instead of the foil I was using for the oven.  So, when the time comes to fix more packages, I'll use the paper and tape.  I didn't mention that the pieces of chicken, pork, and beef are seasoned but raw.  That's why it takes so long for them to cook.  That will change of course, because the mail course will cook in the microwave.  I'm a bit anxious to see how this will all work out.  I think I have enough meals to last another two weeks.

Well, I've finished my spaghetti and garlic bread and a bit of  cranberry sauce so I'm about ready for the green grapes I've chosen for desert.

Hope ya'll had a good dinner tonight.  Until next time, be Blessed.    Judy...contented senior


No comments: