Monday, November 21, 2016

There's Gonna Be a Whole Lot-a Turkey

In the old days there were always a bunch of people for a big meal at our house.  My husband loved to fix the turkey and his specialty was the dressing.  As it should be, times have changed.  The kids are grown and have their own.  The family is pretty spread out now, and of course my husband will be here in memory.

Dinner won't be in just one place.  There will be a small but complete dinner at my youngest daughters home Wednesday evening with her family and me.  Then on Thanksgiving Day we will go to my son-in-laws sisters home and have dinner there.  Her family, my daughter's family (minus my daughter, cuz she has to work), and me.  Friday we will travel a couple of hour to my other daughters house to have dinner with her and family, my other daughter's family (she has to work again), and me.  Whew!  There's gonna be a whole lot of thanking in my family.  It's going to be a good time among family and then season of Christmas begins.

I love these days ahead.  The wonderful opportunity to give thanks among family and with family.  To catch up on each others lives.  I give thanks to God for all the blessings of family and friends.  For the opportunity to share my life with others through this blog.  I know you have things to do to get ready for Thanksgiving Day.  Don't forget to have fun in the process and enjoy it all, every step of the way.

It is good to give thanks unto the Lord and to sing praises to His name.  Blessings, Mother and Gramms.   Judy

No comments: